Alpine and Kenwood offer a wide range of products, from entry-level to high-end, so there’s something for everyone.
But when choosing between the two, things can get tricky because each brand offers unique benefits and some of their products have similar quality.
So which of these two brands should you choose for your car?
You should choose Alpine car stereo if you’re looking for a durable unit with superior sound quality. If you’re looking for a more affordable unit with impressive features, choose the Kenwood car stereo.
In a hurry? See my top stereo for either Alpine or Kenwood below:
In this post, I’ve put together a head-to-head comparison of Alpine and Kenwood car stereos.
I’ll describe the different features and specs of each brand, as well as their reputation for quality.
Read on to learn more about which car stereo is right for you.
Alpine vs Kenwood Car Stereos: Head-to-Head Comparison
But how do their products compare side-by-side?
Here’s a comparison of some of the most important features of Alpine and Kenwood car stereos:
|Factors to Consider||Alpine Car Stereo Rating||Kenwood Car Stereo Rating|
Both Offer Decent Audio Quality
When comparing Alpine vs Kenwood car stereos, both offer decent audio quality.
You’ll get clear, concise sound with either brand.
Both companies also offer a range of products, from entry-level to high-end.
So if you want the best possible audio quality, you can spend more and get a top-of-the-line product from either Alpine or Kenwood.
Alpine Is More Expensive
In general, Alpine car stereos are pricier than Kenwood car stereos.
However, the extra price you’ll pay for an Alpine stereo is often worth it because these stereos tend to offer more features than their Kenwood counterparts.
Alpine also produces more durable, high-quality products, so it’s the way to go if you want a car stereo that will last for years.
Alpine Offers More Features
Alpine car stereos often offer more features than Kenwood car stereos. For example, some Alpine models have built-in GPS navigation, while others have advanced touchscreen displays.
If you want a car stereo with all the bells and whistles, Alpine is the way to go.
Caveat: Some of the features that Alpine offers are available on Kenwood models, so be sure to check the specs of each product before you buy.
Alpine Is More Durable
Alpine car stereos are built to last. The company uses high-quality materials to make its products, so you can expect an Alpine car stereo to last for years.
On the other hand, the main gripe most people have with Kenwood car stereos is that they don’t last as long as expected.
They can break down or stop working after a few years, frustrating customers who paid good money for their products.
Note: When choosing between Kenwood and Alpine car stereo, consider your budget and how long you want the product to last. If you want a long-lasting product, Alpine is the way to go.
Is Alpine Car Stereo Good Quality?
Alpine car stereo is good quality. Their products are well made and offer great sound quality. Alpine car stereos are also easy to use, and their designs are trendy and attractive.
Whether you’re looking for a simple head unit or a top-of-the-line system with all the bells and whistles, Alpine has you covered.
Their prices are quite reasonable for the quality you get. But like all products, there are some Alpine car stereo problems, so be sure to do your research before you buy.
Alpine Car Stereo Pros
- Decent sound quality: Many users report that Alpine car stereos offer good sound quality thanks to built-in equalizers and preamps.
- Variety of options: You can find an Alpine car stereo to fit any need or budget.
- Impressive features: Some of the features that Alpine offers, like built-in GPS, touchscreen displays, Bluetooth, and hands-free calling, are impressive.
- Reliable and durable: Alpine car stereos are well-made and tend to last for years.
Alpine Car Stereo Cons
- Some models are more complex than others: While most Alpine car stereos are easy to use, some of the more feature-rich models can be complex. If you’re not tech-savvy, you might want to stick with a simpler model.
- More expensive than some brands: While the prices of Alpine car stereos are reasonable, they are more expensive than similar brands.
- Cheaper units suffer from distortion: Some of the cheaper Alpine car stereos can suffer from sound quality issues like distortion at high volumes.
What Are Some of the Best Alpine Car Stereos?
Some of the best Alpine car stereos include the UTE-73BT, iLX-W650, and the 200W Advanced Car Audio Stereo Receiver. They offer high sound quality, great features, and a sleek design.
Here’s a roundup of some of the best Alpine car stereos (available on Amazon.com):
- Alpine UTE-73BT: This is a great choice if you’re looking for an easy-to-use head unit with plenty of features. It has a built-in Bluetooth, a 24-bit digital converter, and a USB port. However, it doesn’t play CDs, so you might want to look elsewhere if that’s a deal breaker.
- Alpine iLX-W650: This is a great choice if you’re looking for an Alpine car stereo with a sleek design. It has a 7-inch WVGA touchscreen display, a built-in Apple CarPlay, and a USB port.
- Alpine 200W Advanced Car Audio Stereo Receiver: This is a great choice if you’re looking for an Alpine car stereo with plenty of power. It’s got 200 watts of power, built-in preamps, and a 3-band parametric equalizer.
Is Kenwood Car Stereo Good Quality?
Kenwood car stereo is good quality. The sound quality is excellent, and the features are awesome. The units are also easy to install, and some allow you to connect up to five phones simultaneously.
If you’re looking for a great car stereo, Kenwood is a good choice.
But like Alpine products, these stereos are not immune to problems.
Kenwood Car Stereo Pros
- Great sound quality: As I mentioned, Kenwood car stereos produce excellent sound quality. The bass is deep, and the highs are crisp. See our article on the best sound setting for Kenwood.
- Affordable: Kenwood car stereos are more affordable than Alpine models.
- Excellent features: Kenwood car stereos have great features, such as Bluetooth connectivity, hands-free calling, and iPod/iPhone control.
Kenwood Car Stereo Cons
- Not durable: Some users have complained that Kenwood car stereos are less durable than Alpine models.
- Poor customer service: There have been complaints that Kenwood’s customer service is not as helpful as it could be.
- Inadequate mid-range in some models: Some users have reported that the mid-range is lacking in some of the company’s car stereos.
What Are Some of the Best Kenwood Car Stereos?
Some of the best Kenwood car stereos include the KDC-BT282U, DDX5707S Double Din DVD Car Stereo, and the Kenwood DDX6906S. These units offer great sound quality, plenty of features, and are easy to use.
Here’s a roundup of some of the best Kenwood car stereos:
- Kenwood KDC-BT282U: This is a great choice if you’re looking for an affordable and easy-to-use car stereo. It has Bluetooth connectivity, hands-free calling, and a USB port.
- Kenwood DDX5707S Double Din DVD Car Stereo: This unit is a great choice if you’re looking for a car stereo with a built-in DVD player. It has a 6.8-inch touchscreen display, produces high-resolution audio, and supports different media formats, including FLAC, MP3, WMA, and AAC.
- Kenwood DDX6906S: This car stereo is a great choice if you’re looking for something with a lot of features. It has a 6.8-inch touchscreen display, built-in Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, USB and HDMI ports, and a 13-band graphic equalizer.
There you have it! A head-to-head comparison of Alpine and Kenwood car stereos. Both brands offer great sound quality (with the best sound setting implemented), plenty of features, and easy-to-use units.
However, there are some differences that you should be aware of before you make your purchase.
Alpine car stereos are more expensive than Kenwood models, and some don’t play CDs.
Kenwood car stereos are less durable than Alpine models, and there have been complaints about the former company’s customer service.